Monday, January 14, 2013

Oh Passion!


"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." Confucius.

The first time I saw this quote, It spoke directly to my heart. I felt both happy and sad. Sad because I realized I wasn't doing what I longed in my heart to do. Happy because I knew exactly what would fill the emptiness I felt, from going to a dead end job. That's the day I embarked on a journey to find myself and what I love. I've been on this path for a while now, and the moment I think I've found the it, the next question is always,"how do you pay your bills?"

I'm I the only one looking for my passion? I hope there are some people out there on the quest to find theirs. This topic has dominated my life for a very long time now. From prayer to meditation to search engines. I want to find it! Some searches have been fruitful for just a while, others leave me completely empty and frustrated. I catch myself saying things like; "give me an exact formula." Now, don't get me wrong, I have a few things I'm passionate about. A passion that can be turned into profits however, is what I desire deep down.


When I was younger I knew what I wanted, how and when. As time goes, the search becomes so much deeper. There are so many factors to consider, and of course, society has had a big impact in our choices. The pursuit of passion has turned out to be a lot like love. You think you've found the one every time. Then after some ups and downs, you realize that wasn't the one. You start all over again, and this time before you settle, there are so many false signs. 

Being away from home has been both a curse and a blessing. It has turned out to be a "know thyself" adventure, and in it, so much confusion and uncertainties. To know ones self is awesome but it can only happen in solitude. We are so used to being surrounded that when you get away from the noise and the comfort zone,  you realize you didn't know who you were. I'm grateful for the day I stumbled upon that quote, and I have learnt one thing. Nothing comes easy, even finding the things you love. And the journey continues...... 
"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster". Sun Tzu 








1 comment:

  1. I think maybe people are on this quest to find what moves and shakes them. Sometimes, it's just lying underneath and our fear to reach into it and put it into motion is why it remains dormant.

    Hope you find your happy place! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete