Wednesday, May 9, 2012

If I ran the world

I've always wanted to be in a position to influence people, for example when i was a kid i wanted to be a model so that I could be in a position to influence change especially in women's and children's lives. I'm only 5.5 inches though so that was not going to be possible. Years later, I'm still trying to figure out how I can do that. I'm a dreamer and hoping that will get me there somehow. I have ideas that i get really excited about and then I talk myself out of them the following day. I write all of them down, with the hope that someday I'll get the courage to go for it.  I'm big on education and I think every child should have the best possible. The world is not like that though... Imagine if we could all get free and high quality education... the world would truly be a better place. I know education is the key to everything. We do not necessarily get everything we need from school but one thing we get for sure is confidence to face the world. It does not matter whether we pass or fail, once we have been to school we have something to show for it. This is coming from a deeper place. As a person who aspires to change the world I had a seminar with single women a few months ago in Kenya and all that was holding them back, was they were not educated or educated enough. In a country like Kenya, lack of education can paralyze your ability to do many things. This women are capable of doing so much more but because they don't have a certificate to show for it, they have no voice in the society. I proceeded to ask them what their dreams were and I was amazed at the ideas they had. I then asked them how they would feel bout a training center that would give them skills they need to reach their goals... and the one thing they wanted to know, was whether upon completion of the training they would have a certificate. We all want to feel worthy, we want to show the world that we're capable and we all want a voice even a small one.

So if I ran the world, I would give everyone that voice especially through education.

What would you do if you ran the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment