Thursday, January 3, 2013

Are you with me?


What, then, can we say about all of this? If God is for us, who can be against us?  Mmm... We spent the first day of the new year soaking in the wisdom of my adopted Mama and Papa. It was an awesome evening. Wherever you go, as an immigrant, find yourself a family. A mother and a father figure to watch out for you. It's comforting to have people genuinely love and care for you like their own in this far far away land. So at dinner, we started talking about my favorite topic. Ideas! I do have a lot of them... the only thing is, in the past year my loved ones got a bit weary of hearing great ideas, and an action plan... and then silence... which of course was fueled by my late friend fear and excuses. I started getting questions like; What about the other one you told me about? This in turn made me a bit more hesitant about sharing towards the end of the last year, and led me to some critical thinking and questioning of my attitude.  I have now kicked my excuses and fear goodbye.

While on the topic of ideas, something really resonated with me. "Whatever you do, make sure God is on your side and second your partner. I realized then and there, that I'd been running on empty. I had forgotten to ask the most important question. God, are you with me? If God is with us, it doesn't matter who is against us. He's in charge anyway. I've seen what he can do especially with divine connections. So from now on, whatever I do, I'm taking a moment to ask... God, are you with me? Thinking about it... that's all you need cause he lives in your heart.

The other lesson came while I was catching up with mama. She said with so much conviction that, I don't have to worry about what people say. What matters is that I am happy with my life and in my heart I know that I'm true to myself. People outside only see what they want to see. They assume you're happy just because you're smiling. So be true to yourself... That was a good beginning. Couldn't have asked for more.

"What, then, can we say about all of this? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31






No comments:

Post a Comment